Sonic toothbrushes are getting more and more popular each day. They are the most advanced powered toothbrushes of them all and they are number one choice for many people who want to improve their dental health and enjoy their bright smile for years to come.
After a long research, we have made a list of top 3 most advanced and most popular sonic toothbrushes on the market right now. Check out their price, or read our complete reviews.
What are sonic toothbrushes?
While toothbrushes like Oral B produce 3D motions (sweeping back and forth, rotating) to remove plaque and bacteria from teeth, sonic toothbrushes only produce vibrating movements, but they move at much higher (sonic) speed – they produce up to 31.000 brush strokes per minute.
There have been many clinical studies which have proven superiority of sonic toothbrushes over manual ones.
- Deep cleaning: Compared to manual toothbrushes, sonic are simply better. They generate up to 31.000 vibrating moves per minute, which results in superior cleaning efficiency.
- Superior plaque removal: Clinical studies have proven that top sonic toothbrushes remove plaque up to 5x better than manual toothbrushes.
- Perfect for teeth whitening: Efficiency of top sonic toothbrushes is proven to remove organic stains from teeth and making them whiter up to 3 shades.
- Perfect technique: Most top-end models come with in-built timers, which will help you reaching perfect brushing time recommended by dentists.
Top 3 sonic toothbrush reviews:
Here is a list of top 3 Sonicare toothbrushes in the world. They are all great buys, but most of it comes down to personal preference and budget.
1. Philips Sonicare DiamondClean
We have reviewed DiamondClean awhile ago on our website and it’s still the most advanced toothbrush one the market, so there’s no surprise it managed to get on our best electric toothbrush list. It has over 1000 positive reviews throughout the internet and if you want the absolute best for your oral health, you can never go wrong with DiamondClean. Here’s a list of what you will get:
- Healthier gums – Philips claims users can see improvement of their gum health in just 2 weeks of use.
- Whiter teeth – DiamondClean comes with special Whitening cleaning mode. Philips claims it can brighten up teeth for a few shades in just 1 week of use. It is completely safe and doesn’t cause irritations or enamel erosion.
- Timer – To help you improving your brushing technique to perfection and for reaching brushing time that is recommended by dentists each and every time, DiamondClean comes with in-built timer that will remind you when is the time to move from one quadrant of mouth to another.
On top of that, DiamondClean comes in 3 different designs to choose from – Black, Pink and White, so I’m sure you can find the best looking one for your taste. What’s the price?
2. Philips Sonicare HX9110/02 Flexcare Platinum
HX9110/02 Flexcare Platinum comes second on our list. It isn’t as expensive as DiamondClean and it surely doesn’t lack the most important features. Here is what you get:
- Superior cleaning efficiency – Flexcare Platinum is equipped with standard Sonicare cleaning technology, which produces up to 31.000 brush strokes per minute. High vibrating speeds like that simply can’t be achieved with any manual toothbrush out there.
- 9 different brushing settings – It comes with 3 different cleaning modes (Clean, White and Gum care), and 3 different intensity settings, so you can find a perfect settings for every occasion.
- Healthier gums and whiter teeth – Just like DiamondClean, HX9110/02 improves gum health and whitens up teeth for a few shades in just a few weeks of regular use.
Flexcare Platinum is one of the best sonic toothbrushes in the world and a perfect choice for people who don’t want to buy the most expensive ones out there. It doesn’t lack the most important features and it’s recommended by dentists from all over the world. Check out the latest pricing details and customer testimonials for more info.
3. Philips Sonicare HX6731/02 Healthywhite
If you are on a budget and want the best possible sonic toothbrush for a lower price, HX6731/02 Healthywhite might be your perfect choice. It is almost 50% cheaper than DiamondClean and about 30% cheaper than Flexcare Platinum.
- Patented Sonicare technology – Just like the other 2 models on our list, the Healthywhite uses sonic technology and vibrates at up to 31.000 brush strokes per minute. This technology has been proven to remove plaque and gingivitis much more effectively than manual toothbrushes.
- 3 cleaning modes – Healthywhite comes with 3 different cleaning modes – Clean, Clean&White and Sensitive.
- Brushing timer – Just like all the best sonic toothbrushes on our list, HealthyWhite has 2 in-built timers which will tell you exactly how long should you brush your teeth.
If you have never used an electric toothbrush before, HX6731/02 might be a perfect and affordable first step into your healthier future.
Which one should you buy?
We are sure that all of them are great buys, but at the end it all comes down to personal preference and budget. Do you have your own favorite? Share your suggestions with us in comments section at the bottom of this page.