This Sonicare Essence 5300 Review is based on a great – although somewhat outdated – electric toothbrush from Sonicare. This is still however jam packed with innovative features which are certain to help you keep your mouth clean and healthy. Innovative sonic technology combined with a unique angled design for optimal bristle reach means that this toothbrush is very effective at cleaning even the hardest to reach areas of your mouth. For a full list of detailed features as well as a complete review please be sure to read on.
Key Features of the Sonicare Essence 5300
As some of you how have read my reviews before will be aware, I usually like to add a video to the very start of the review to help illustrate some of the main features of the product for you (the reader) before you dive into the thick of the review below. The video I’ve found for today unfortunately isn’t of the highest quality however it does serve the purpose of providing a quick overview of the Sonicare Essence 5300. Below the video, as always, you shall find a complete list of detailed features as well as a complete review.
Sonicare Essence 5300 Review
- Powerful but Gentle Sonic Technology. The innovative technology featured in this Sonicare toothbrush harnesses the power of sonic technology to clean your teeth, gums and mouth with up to 31,000 movements per minute. The sweeping motions drive fluid deeps into all of the tight spaces between your teeth and along your gum line to make for a cleaner and healthier mouth, when compared to using a more traditional toothbrush.
- Thorough and Comfortable. The Sonicare Essence 5300 comes with an angled neck and contoured bristles which are shaped to follow the natural line of your teeth which makes for not only a very comfortable brushing experience but also a very thorough cleaning as no crevice is left uncleaned. The amazing design of this toothbrush means that the angle of the neck is perfectly suited so that the bristles have an optimal reach into those tight spaces – speaking of the bristles, they feature extra soft and rounded ends which gently massage the gums and teeth to efficiently remove plaque.
- Brush with Ease. This is one of the easiest brushing experiences which you’ll ever have and that’s guaranteed. This is all thanks to the unique use of sonic technology which means that you need to put very little pressure on the brush … the toothbrush does all the work for you – all you need to do is direct it where you want it to clean!
- Easy-Start Feature. We all know the feeling of getting used to a new toothbrush over the first week or so, and this is no different when switching to an electric toothbrush. Sonicare realise this and have implemented a handy feature which eases you into your new toothbrush by gradually increasing the power from a limited supply to full over the first 12 brushes. A nice touch.
- Smart Timer. The recommended brushing time by dentists is about two minutes. Sonicare want to help you stick to this advice so they have included a little timer with this toothbrush which indicates when you reach the two minute mark! This is a nice additional feature which should hopefully help some people to stick to dentists advice and maintain a cleaner and healthier mouth!
- Long Lasting Charge. After a full 24 hour charge, if you use this toothbrush twice a day for 2 minutes each then it can last you a whopping two weeks – with a neat little indicator light to tell you when the battery is starting to get low. This of course makes this a great choice for traveling and to make this even easier, Sonicare have included a handy little travel case.
A Sonicare Essence 5300 Review
The sonic technology which is featured in this product is very unique and indeed many of the customers have commented how it provides a much more pleasant brushing experience as compared to some other toothbrushes which use rotation technology – which can often be uncomfortable for some people. The sonic technology is so much more comfortable because it means you don’t need to put loads of pressure on your gums as you brush, while still achieving the same level of cleaning, which is a great bonus.
The next thing to mention in this Sonicare Essence 5300 Review is that not only does this unique technology mean that you will get a comfortable brushing experience it also means that you will have that dentist clean feeling after every single time that you brush. The customers have been very impressed with this toothbrushes ability to clean and Sonicare Essence 5300 Reviewindeed it is far superior to any traditional toothbrush which you’ll find out there.
As with most things, there is of course a slight downside to this toothbrush – this is the fact that it is somewhat outdated. There are a few more recent models in the Sonicare range which are said to be a little more well designed that the 5300 – namely the Flexcare range. Several customers have commented saying that they think the Flexcare range is a better choice as it will last longer and in general features a superior design. Now with that being said, the Flexcare range is a lot more expensive that the Essence 5300 – so even though it may be a better investment, it will cost you more money.
I’ll conclude this Sonicare Essence 5300 Review by saying that this is really a great product as you can see from what the majority of the customers have had to say about it. But, as I said it is a little outdated which means it won’t last quite as long as some of the newer models and indeed won’t feature the absolute latest technology. However, if an excellent toothbrush on a budget is what you need then this could well be the product for you!
Best Place to Purchase the Sonicare Essence 5300
For more information about some of the best electric toothbrushes similar to this Sonicare Essence 5300, please visit our home page. Also, you can browse all of your reviewed products by using the price tabs at the top of this page – and be sure to take a look at our dental health blog.
Philips Sonicare Essence 5300