Did you know that the surface of your tongue is home to molds, dead cells, mucus and bacterial accumulation? Well, now you do. All these form a coating which is very harmful to the teeth and gums and responsible for bad breath. For this reason, it is crucial to clean all this up for good oral hygiene.
What you need is a tongue scrapper, an affordable device specifically designed to clean up the tongue. All you should do is pull your tongue out then place the tongue scrapper on the back of your tongue and pull it forward. Clean it up and keep repeating the process for at least 7 times.
So what are the benefits of tongue scrappers?
1. Improves bad breath-It is important to scrap our tongues. By doing this we get rid of the accumulation and increase of bacteria that causes bad breath. A regular routine of this will curb the foul smell emanating from the interior of the mouth. This leads to improved breath.
2. Improves taste buds-You cannot fully enjoy the real flavors of food with bacteria developing on your tongue. It is, therefore, imperative to clear the layer so as to enhance the function of the taste buds.
3. Intimate interactions-We all love being near our loved ones. To make good use of this chance it is wise to ensure that we don’t drive them away through our bad breath. The best and cheapest way to do this by scrapping our tongue. Imagine sharing a kiss with someone who has foul breath. It would be awful!
4. Improves oral hygiene-Brushing your teeth is not enough. You need to scrap your tongue too. This will mean that your teeth won’t be damaged by the toxins left lying on the tongue. In addition, your immune system will be strengthened.
Are you struggling with bad breath?
Having a bad breath can be very depressing.It is caused by;
- Gum diseases and infections
- Tobacco use
- Some food and drinks like onions and garlic.
- Lack of proper home dental care.
- Dry mouth
All the above are the causes of bad breath. Some steps need to be taken in order to attain an attractive and fresh smelling mouth;
1. Make sure you clean your whole mouth thoroughly after meals. Use an antiseptic mouthwash and toothpaste. After scrapping your tongue; clean your teeth and gums. It is recommended that you change your scrapper and toothbrush after 4 months so as to avoid infections.
2. Do not wait until you notice that you have a gum disease so that you can go visit your dentist. Make the dentist your friend by going for check ups on a regular basis. By doing this any problem regarding bad breath will be addressed accordingly. The problems associated with bad breath are lung infections, diabetes, and reflux among others.
3. Keep of garlic, onions and other foods that cause foul breath. If you have to eat them use products that reduce the smell like antiseptic mouthwash.
4. Do not smoke.
5. In case you notice your mouth running dry may be due to certain medications, seek the dentists care.
Maintaining overall mouth hygiene is the easiest thing. All the information you require is aforementioned. It is up to you to take the necessary steps.