Sonic toothbrushes are getting more and more popular each day. They are the most advanced powered toothbrushes of them all and the number one choice for many people who want to improve their dental health, maintain proper oral hygiene, and enjoy their bright smile for years to come.
What is the best sonic toothbrush?
After a long research, we have made a list of top 3 most advanced and most popular sonic toothbrushes on the market right now. Check out their price, or read our complete reviews.
|5 cleaning modes:|
Clean, White, Polish,
Gum Care, Sensitive.
|3x3 cleaning modes:|
Clean, White, Gum Care
|3 cleaning modes:
Clean, White, Sensitive.
Black, Pink, White
|Included in package:|
Deluxe travel case,
|Included in package:|
Hard travel case
|Included in package:
Hard travel case
What are sonic toothbrushes?
While toothbrushes like Oral B produce 3D motions (sweeping back and forth, rotating) to remove plaque and bacteria from teeth, sonic toothbrushes only produce vibrating movements, but they move at much higher (sonic) speed – they produce up to 31.000 brush strokes per minute.
Sonic Toothbrush Advantages:
There have been many clinical studies which have proven the superiority of sonic toothbrushes over manual ones.
- Deep cleaning: Compared to manual toothbrushes, sonic is simply better. They generate up to 31.000 vibrating moves per minute, which results in superior cleaning efficiency.
- Superior plaque removal: Clinical studies have proven that top sonic toothbrushes remove plaque up to 5x better than manual toothbrushes and relieve gum disease, significantly improving the overall health of your teeth and gums.
- Perfect for teeth whitening: Efficiency of top sonic toothbrushes are proven to remove organic stains from teeth and making them whiter up to 3 shades.
- Perfect technique: Most top-end models come with built-in timers, which will help you reaching perfect brushing time recommended by dentists.
Top 3 sonic toothbrush reviews:
Here is a list of top 3 Sonicare toothbrushes in the world. They are all great buys, but most of it comes down to personal preference and budget.
1. Philips Sonicare DiamondClean
We have reviewed DiamondClean awhile ago on our website and it’s still without a doubt one the most advanced toothbrush one the market, so there’s no surprise it managed to get on our best electric toothbrush list. It was featured on the Ellen Degeneres show and it has received thousands of positive reviews from its users throughout the internet. If the higher price tag is not a problem and you want one of the best electric toothbrushes for your oral health, the DiamondClean is one of the most reasonable choices. Here’s a list of what you will get:
- Healthier gums – Philips claims users can see improvement of their gum health in just 2 weeks of use. Remember that complete oral hygiene also involves thorough cleaning of the gumline which further helps prevent the development of gum disease.
- Whiter teeth – DiamondClean comes with special Whitening cleaning mode. Philips claims it can brighten up teeth for a few shades in just 1 week of use. It is completely safe and doesn’t cause irritations or enamel erosion.
- Timer – To help you improve your brushing technique to perfection and for reaching brushing time that is recommended by dentists each and every time, DiamondClean comes with a built-in timer that will remind you when is the time to move from one quadrant of mouth to another.
On top of that, DiamondClean comes in 3 different designs to choose from – Black, Pink, and White, so I’m sure you can find the best looking one for your taste. The unit also comes with two DiamondClean brush heads but fits just the same with other replacement heads from the Philips Sonicare line. The newer version of this model includes one InterCare brush head and one AdaptiveClean brush head.
What’s the price?
2. Philips Sonicare Platinum Rechargeable Toothbrush
HX9110/02 Flexcare Platinum comes second on our list. It isn’t as expensive as DiamondClean and it surely doesn’t lack the most important features. Here is what you get from this rechargeable toothbrush:
- Superior cleaning efficiency – Flexcare Platinum is equipped with standard Sonicare cleaning technology, which produces up to 31.000 brush strokes per minute. High vibrating speeds like that simply can’t be achieved with any manual toothbrush out there.
- 9 different brushing settings – It comes with 3 different cleaning modes (Clean, White, and Gum care), and 3 different intensity settings, so you can find a perfect setting for every occasion.
- Healthier gums and whiter teeth – Just like DiamondClean, HX9110/02 improves gum health and whitens up teeth for a few shades in just a few weeks of regular use.
- Intuitive pressure sensor – the unit features a pressure sensor that helps prevent aggressive brushing. Hence, it works great even for those with sensitive teeth. When you exert too much pressure on the brush head, the handle pulsates, alerting you to be a little more gentle on your teeth and gums.
Flexcare Platinum is one of the most popular sonic toothbrushes in the world, and it might be an excellent choice for people who don’t want to buy the most expensive ones out there. It doesn’t lack the most important features, and dentists from all over the world recommend it. A different model from the same product line even offers a UV sanitizer for your toothbrush heads.
3. Philips Sonicare Healthywhite Rechargeable HX6731
If you are on a budget and don’t want to pay too much money for high priced sonic toothbrushes, the HX6731/02 Healthywhite might be your perfect choice. It is about 50% cheaper than DiamondClean and about 30% cheaper than Flexcare Platinum.
- Patented Sonicare technology – Just like the other 2 models on our list, the Healthywhite uses sonic technology and vibrates at up to 31.000 brush strokes per minute. This technology has been proven to remove plaque and gingivitis much more effectively than manual toothbrushes.
- 3 cleaning modes – Healthywhite comes with 3 different cleaning modes – Clean, Clean&White and Sensitive.
- Brushing timer – Just like all the best sonic toothbrushes on our list, HealthyWhite has 2 built-in timers which will tell you exactly how long should you brush your teeth.
- Reminder bristles– The bristles of the ProResults brush head that comes with this unit turns white from blue, indicating that it’s time for you to buy a new head. Also, the soft bristles will noticeably lose its stiffness over time, so that’s another sign you should look out for.
If you have never used an electric toothbrush before, HX6731/02 might be one of the most interesting affordable options and the first step into your healthier future.
The Best Sonic Toothbrush: Which one should you buy?
We are sure that all of them are great buys and have the potential of helping you achieve healthier teeth and gums, but at the end, it all comes down to personal preference and budget. Do you have your own favorite? Share your suggestions and preferred model or brand in the comments section at the bottom of this page.