- Very easy to operate with (one button operation)
- Removes up to 5x more plaque than manual toothbrushing alone
- Gentle to gums (improves their health in as little as 2 weeks of regular use)
- Company with trust (Philips is one of the best brands for dental care products in the world)
- Especially recommended for people with braces, implants, veneers and orthodontics
- Portable and convenient design
- Much less messier than Waterpik
- Fast (auto-burst feature cleans whole mouth in just 30 seconds)
- Lithium batters (holds up to 2 weeks with a single charge)
- Doesn’t live up to efficiency standards by Waterpik
How does it work?
Sonicare Airfloss uses pressurized air and micro droplets of water (or mouthwash) for sweeping away plaque and bacteria. Stream of compressed air and liquid bursts at speed of about 45 miles per hour, but it is much more gentle as it seems. This patented microburst technology is clinically proven to remove up to 5x more plaque on hard-to-reach areas between teeth than any manual toothbrush.
Aitfloss is one of the easiest to use and fastest water flossers on the market. With its auto-burst feature, cleaning of whole mouth takes as little as 30 seconds. Simply hold down one button and Airfloss will automatically burst air and droplets every second. Once users get adjusted to this technique, flossing becomes fun and fast.
Waterpik vs. Airfloss comparison
If we compare both brands, we can’t really tell which one is better. Both are top dental care product manufacturers and both have been around for more than 30 years. Waterpik is more known for their water flossers and Philips are dominating the electric toothbrush market.
When we look at all the stats and features on paper, Waterpik should be a clear winner. More different settings, more tips better effectiveness. But Airfloss has some big advantages that simply can’t be overlooked.
Airfloss is better for travelling and offers better user experience. It doesn’t use as much water as Waterpik, which is a lot messier and you can’t carry it around while travelling unless you take an extra bag along the way.
Sonicare Airfloss is an easy and fun to use dental gadget. Although it doesn’t live up to Waterpik standards in efficiency, it is portable and much more fun to use. This is what makes it one of the best alternatives to Waterpik and number one choice of many people that prefer easiness of use and portability over ultimate efficiency.